Tomasz Drewa 1,2, Zbigniew Wolski 1, Przemysław Gałązka 2, Artur Czaplewski 2, Alina Woźniak 2, Jan Sir 3, Jerzy Maźwa 2
- 1 Katedra i Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej im. L. Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy
Kierownik kliniki: prof. dr hab. Zbigniew Wolski
2 Katedra i Zakład Biologii Medycznej Akademii Medycznej im. L. Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy
Kierownik zakładu: prof. dr hab. Ge
chondrocytes, bladder epithelial cells, mixed cellular culture, vesico-ureteral reflux
- Tissue engineering is one the fastest developing branch of medicine. Cultured cells can be used in management of vesico-ureteral reflux (VUR).
- Aim of the work was to observe interactions between Primary Rabbit Chondrocytes Culture (PRCC) and Primary Rabbit Urothelial Cells Culture (PRUCC) in co-culture.
- material and methods
- PRUCC was isolated from bladder wall and PRCC was done from rabbit knee joint. Three variants of co-cultures were established and cells were seeded on the three kinds of media previously prepared. Additionally culture of "two drops" was prepared. Interactions on the border of two alive cultures were observed in microscope with reversed optics.
- Chondrocyte growth was dependent on the kind of medium. Expansion of bladder epithelial cells was observed in three kinds of media. Two cultures did not infiltrate themselves during the whole experiment. "Two drops" method reviled chondrocytes migration to the bladder cells. There was influence of chondrocyte on urothelial cells differentiation.
- Primary Rabbit Urothelial Cells (PRUCC) secreted factors influencing on chondrocyte migration. This phenomenon could have a crucial role on chondrocyte proliferation in bladder wall when vesico-ureteral reflux was treated.