Tomasz Borkowski, Bolesław Kuzaka, Paweł Szalecki, Joanna Sańko-Resmer, Roman Pykało
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Klinika Immunologii, Transplantologii i Chorób Wewnętrznych Instytutu Transplantologii Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Zakład Anatomii Patologicznej Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
uriniary bladder, small cell carcinoma of the bladder, bladder carcinoma, cystectomy
- Authors present 3 cases of patients with small-cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder, treated at the Urology Department of Medical Academy in Warsaw in the years 2002-2004. Two patients were treated with the use of chemotherapy and the third underwent cystectomy
- and Bricker operation. The first two patients died due to dissemination of the disease during chemotherapy, and the third is alive and his condition 3 years after the operation is good. The authors stressed, that whenever it was possible a combined approach with surgical intervention and consequent chemotherapy seemed to be the best treatment option.
- Asmis TR, Reaume MN, Dahrouge S, Malone S: Genitourinary small carcinoma:
- a retrospective review of treatment and survival patterns at the Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Center. BJU International 2006 ; 87, 711-715.
- Bex A, Niewenhuijzen JA, Kerst M et al: Small cell carcinoma of bladder: a single - center prospective study of 25 cases treated in analogy to small cell lung cancer. Urology 2005, 65, 2, 295-299.
- Bouchot O, Zerbib M. Les cancers de vessie a petites cellules et/ou a cellules
- neuro-endocrines. Progress en Urologie 2002, 12, 5, 1129-1130.
- Brown JR, Wieczorek TJ, Shaffer K, Salgia R: Small-cell cancers, and an unusual
- reaction to hemotherapy: Case 1. Extrapulmonary small-cell carcinoma arising in the prostate. J Clin Oncology 2003, 21, 12, 2437-2439.
Klinika Urologii AM
ul. Lindleya 4
tel. (022) 502 17 51