Andrzej Paradysz, Mieczysław Fryczkowski, Zofia Krauze-Balwińska
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii Wydziału Lekarskiego w Zabrzu, ¦l±skiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Kierownik kliniki: prof, dr hab. Mieczysław Fryczkowski
ureterocele, megaureter, operative treatment, endoscopic treatment
- Aim of work. The evaluation results of the treatment of mcgaureters with simple and ectopic ureterocoele in dependence of applied operation tactics and technique.
- Material and method. Since 1989 to 2001 had was treated 31 children with megaureter and ureterocele. Simple ureterocele at 12 children and ectopic one at 19 was observed. Operated children\'s age had carried out from 2 months till 10 years, average 3 years. Children with simple cyst were treated endoscopically. Open operations at children with duplication of upper urinary tract were performed. In this heminephrectomy of upper segment at 5 children, anastomosis of both segments at 4. excision of ureterocele with ureteral reimplantation at 10. The time of observation carried out. since year to 12, average 6,5 years.
- Results. In children with simple ureterocele good result of the treatment was achieved at 4 (33%) children. It at remaining veslco-ureteral reflux was affirmed exacting surgery. At children with ectopic ureterocele preservation of the function of upper segment was reached at 15 (79%) children. 4 (21%) children required secondary operations with resection of the renal parenchyma.
- Conclusions. The choice of treatment of megalouretcr with ureterocele depends from kind and size of cyst as well as state of the upper urinary tract. Endoscopic treatment of simple ureterocele with megalouretcr gives at 33% of patients good results. The distant results depend from degree of primary damage of renal parenchyma.
- 1. Zerin JM, Balcer DR. Casale JA: Single-system ureteroceles in infants and children: imaging features. Pediatr Radiol 2000; 30 (3): 139-146.
- 2. Chertin B, Fridmans A. Hadas-Halpren I, Farkas A: Endoscopic puncture of ureterocele as a minimally invasive effective long-term procedure in children. Eur Urol 2001: 39 (3); 332-336.
- 3. De Jong TP, Dik P. Klijn AJ, Uiterwaal CS. van Gool JD: Ectopic ureterocele: results of open surgical therapy in 40 patients. J Urol 2000; 164 (6): 2043-2044.
- 4. Husmann D, Strand B, Ewald D, Clement M. Kramer S. Allen T: Management of ectopic ureterocele associated with renal duplication: a comparison of partial nephrectomy and endoscopic decompression. J Tirol 1999, 162 (4): 1406-1409.
- 5. Vereecken RL. Proesmans W: A review of ninety-two obstructive me-gauretersin children. Eur Urol 1999: 36 (4): 342-347.
- 6. Vereecken RL, Proesmans W: Extensive surgery on the trigone for complete ureteral duplication does not cause incontinence or voiding problems. Urolog}\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' 2000; 55 (2): 267-270.
- 7. Cooper CS, Passerini-Glazel G, Hutcheson fC. Iafrate M. Camuffo Milani C. Snyder HM 3r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"; Long-term followup of endoscopic incision of ureteroceles: intravesical versus extravesical. J Urol 2000; 164 (3 Pt 2): 1097-1099,
- 8. Hagg MJ. Mourachov PV, Snyder HM, Canning DA. Kennedy WA. Zderic SA. Duckett JW: The modern endoscopic approach to ureterocele. J Urol 2000:163 (3): 940-943.
- 9. Abrahamsson K, Hansson E, Sillen U Hermansson G, Hjalmas K: Bladder dysfunction: an integral part of ectopic ureterocele complex. J Urol 1998; 160 (4): 1468-1470.
- 10. Dahm E King I.R: Experience with transurethral incision of ureteroceles. Urol Int 1998; 61 (3): 157-161.
- 11. Petit: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'l\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', Ravasse P. Dalmas P.- Does the endoscopic incision of ureteroceles reduce the indicationsfor partial nephrectomy? BJU Int 1999; 83 (6): 675-678.
- 12. Shekarriz B, Upadhyay J. Fleming P. Gonzales R. Barthold JS: Long--te.rm outcome based on the initial surgical approach to ureterocele. J Urol 1999; 1.62 (3 PI 2); 1072-1076
- 13. Jayanthi VR, Koff SA: Long-term outcome oj\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'transurethralpuncture of ectopic ureteroceles: initial success and late problems. J Urol 1999: 162 (3 Pt 2): 1077-1080.
- 14. Decter RM. SprungerTK, Holland RJ: Cana single individualized procedure predictably resolve all the problematic aspects of the pediatric ureterocele?] Urol 2001.165 (6 pt 2): 2308-2310.
Katedra i Klinika Urologii ¦AM
ul. 3Maja l3/15
tel/fax: (0-12)271 65 11
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org..pl