Modern surgical treatment of the distal penile and coronal hypospadias without curvature
Article published in Urologia Polska 2004/57/2.
- SCANMED, Niepubliczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej w Krakowie
Prezes: dr med. Tadeusz Łyczakowski
Oddział Chirurgii Dziecięcej Specjalistycznego Szpitala im. Stefana Żeromskiego w Krakowie
Ordynator oddziału: dr med. Maria Wieczorek-Grohman
hypospadias, surgical treatment, children
- Presenting the results of the surgical treatment in distal penile and coronal hypospadias without curvature, using urethral plate.
- Thirty four children with the mentioned malformation were treated. In 23 of them the method TIP was performed, GAP - in 3, Barcat-Mathieu - in 4 and MAGPI - in 4 other patients. Twenty one patients were treated as day-surgery cases and released home the same day. Three calibrations of the urethra were applied in the postoperative period.
- The cosmetic effect was good in all cases. Three boys were reoperated: in two cases the urethral fistula, while in one the fistula of preputium developed. At the first calibration 3 weeks after the TIP operation a tendency for stricture was noted.
- Reconstructive operations in distal penile and coronal hypospadias with the use of the urethral plate produce excellent cosmetic effect. The rate of complications is similar to communications of other authors.