Marek Urban, Krzysztof Bar, Robert Klijer, Dariusz Stępnik
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie Kierownik kliniki: prof, dr hab. Krzysztof Bar
penis, curvature, tunica albuginea plication
- Objective. To evaluate our own results in management of congenital penile curvature with the method of tunica albuginea plication with the local access to the tunica.
- Materials and method. In 1999-2000 10 patients (age: 17-25) with congenital penile deviation underwent a surgical correction of a malformation. The angle of the deviation ranged from 30° to 70°, the direction was ventral in 7 cases and lateral in 3. All patients were subjected to the operation of tunica albuginea plication with the modified Essed-Schróder method using 2-6 nonabsorbable inverting interrupted sutures. Longitudinal incision in the place of the greatest curvature on the convex side of the penis was performed. Neither circumeferential incision with denudation nor circumcision was applied. Postoperative examination was performed 10-14 days after surgery and follow-up was from 10 to 16 months.
- Results. A total straightening of the penis was achieved in 7 patients (70%), 3 patients (30%) had insignificant deviation (10°--15°). All patients reported possibility of painless vaginal intromission. Significant penile shortening was not noticed, 5 patients felt small discomfort at the place of palpable sutures. Significant complications were not observed.
- Conclusions. Tunica albuginea plication with the local access to the tunica is a minimal invasive, simple procedure with low risk rate of complications. In treatment of congenital penile curvature this method gives good functional result and good cosmetic effect.
- 1. Ebbehoj J. Metz P: New operation for \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'kntmmerik\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' (penile cmvature). Urology 1985; 26: 76-78.
- 2. Essed E, Schroder FH: New surgical treatment of Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s disease. Urology 1985; 25: 582-587.
- 3. Schultheiss D, Meschi M, Hagemann J, Truss M, Stief C, Jonas U: Congenital and acquired penile deviation treated with the Essed plication method. Eur Urol 2000; 38: 167-171.
- 4. Nesbit RM: Congenital curvature of the phallus: Report of three cases with description of corrective operation. J Urol 1965; 93: 230-232.
- 5. Yachia D: Modified coiporoplasty for the treatment of penile curvature. J Urol 1990; 143: 80-82.
- 6. Faerber G, Konnak JW: Results of combined Nesbit penile plication with plaque incision and placement oj\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Dacron patch in patients with severe Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s disease. J Urol 1993; 149: 1319-1320.
- 7. Fournier GR, Lue TF, Tanagho E; Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s plaque: surgical treatment with the carbon dioxide laser and a deep dorsal vein patch graft. J Urol 1993; 149: 1321-1325.
- 8. Lindgren BW, Reda ER Levitt B, Brock WA, Franco I: Single and multistep dermal grafts for the management of severe \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'penile curvature. J Urol 1998; 160: 1128-1130.
- 9. Lue TF, El-Sakka A: Venous patch graft for Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s disease.Part 1:technique. J Urol 1998; 160:2047-2049.
- 10. Levine LA, Lenting EL: A surgical algorithm for the treatment of Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s disease. J Urol 1997; 158:2149-2152.
- 11. Colombo F, Franco M, Patelli E, Pozzoni F, Pisani E: Shock waves in Peyronie\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s disease: two year experience. Eur Urol 1999; 36: 494 A.
- 12. Thiounn N, Missirlin A, Zerbib M, Larrouy M, Dje K, Flam T, Bebre B:Corporeal plication for surgical coneciion oj\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'penile curvature. Eur Urol 1998; 33: 401-404.
- 13. Friedrich MG, Evans D, Noldus J, Huland H: The coneciion of penile curvature with the Essed-Schrdder technique: a long-term follow-up assessing functional aspects and quality of life. Br J Urol 2000; 86: 1034-1038.
- 14. Richter S, Shalev M, Nissenkorn I:Correction of congenital or acquired penile curvature through a simple coiporoplica-tion technique. Int J Impol Res 1996 Dec; 8 (4): 255-258.
- 15. Popken G, Wetteraucr U, Schultze-Seemann W, Deckart AB, Sommerkamp H: A modified corporoplasty for treating congenital penile curvature and reducing the incidence of palpable indurations. Br J Urol 1999; 83: 71-75. 16. Baskin LS. Lue T: Correction of penile curvature in young men. Br J Urol 1998; 81: 895-899.
ul. Kopernika 6
lel.lfax: (0-81) 742 55 72