Wojciech Lauer, Dariusz Perkowski, Marcin Markuszewski, Kazimierz Krajka
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii AM w Gdańsku
- Introduction. Recently we are seeing growing interest in surgical treatment of penile disorders. It is visible between patients and urologists. The most frequent disorders are inhibited or aquired penile deviations. The latter are often encountered in men over 40 and its treatment requires using post-operative rehabilitation in order to restore ability to performe sexual intercourses.
- Objectives. Presentation of our own method of rehabilitation
- Materials and methods. Rehabilitation programmme is implemened in all patients after operations od penile deviations caused by Peyronie disease or post-traumatic lesions. The programme includes; 1. Cialis 10 mg 3 x week, 2. intracorporeal injection of papaverine 40 mg 3 x week, 3. Pulling device Andro-Penis, 4. Vacuum devise Two first item are started in second week post-op and two latter are initiated in a third week. Patients are tought in the hospital in order to be able to practice independently at home teaching includes instructive films and performing exercises under supervision of the doctor.
- Results. Multifactoral programme combining education and practice is extremelly warmly wellcomed by patients. The final long-term result of the operation rekies on persistent fulfilling of the programme for 2-3 months after the procedure as well as on the kind of surgery and pre-operative sexual shape.
- Conclusions. Complex postoperative rehabilitation should be integral part of surgical treatment of penile deviation