Zbigniew Wolski, Andrzej Borówka, Tadeusz Krzeski
- Z Kliniki Urologii Instytutu Chirurgii AM w Warszawie Kierownik Kliniki: prof. dr hab. med. T. Krzeski Dyrektor Instytutu: prof. dr hab. med. M. Szostek
- The results of internal urethrotomy with Otis urethrotome obtained in 20 patients treated for urethral strictures following operations for hypospadias are reported. In 10 cases strictures were associated with urethral [fistulae, in 1 case with urethral diverticulum. The operations for fistulae and diverticulum were done immediately after urethrotomy during the same general anaesthesia. Recurrence of stricture requiring repeated urethrotomy developed in 4 patients. Good therapeutic result after one urethrotomy was noted in 14 cases. The final results of treatment in cases re±uiring repetition of the procedure were also good. In no case recurrence of urethral fistula was observed. The techni±ue of urethrotomy is described stressing its advantages, and factors are discussed which may be important in prevention of recurrent strictures.
- 1.Boccon Gibod L., Steg A.: Le traitement chirurgical des retrecissements de 1\\\\\\\'urethre. A propos de 162 cas. J. Chir., 1979, 116, 93. —
- 2. Carlton F. E., Scardino P, L., Quattlebaum R.: Treatment of urethral strictures with internal urethrotomy and six weeks of silastic catheter drainage. J. Urol., 1974, 111, 191. —
- 3. Davis E., Lee L. W.: Lasting results following internal urethrotomy for urethral strictures. J. Urol., 1948, 59, 935. —
- 4. Engel R. M. E., Wise H. A. III, Whitaker R. H.: Otis internal urethrotomy with long-term urethral intubation: a Comparison of latox and silastic catheters. South. Med. J., 1972, 65, 55. —
- 5. Gray C. P., Biorn C. L.:Internal urethrotomy: its use in the treatment of urethral strictures of the male patients. J. Urol., 1968, 100, 653. —
- 6. Katz S., Waterhouse K.: Treatment of urethral strictures in men by internal urethrotomy. J. Urol., 1971, 105, 807. —
- 7. Konnak J. W., Kogan B. A.: Otis internal urethrotomy in the treatment of urethral stricture disease. J. Urol., 1980, 124, 356.
- 8. Otis F. N.: Remarks on strictures of the urethra of extreme calibre, with cases, and a description of new instruments for their treatment. N. Y. Med. J., 1872, 15,152. —
- 9. Pain J. A., Collier D. G.: Factors influencing recurrence of urethral stricture after endoscopic urethrotomy: the role of infection and peri-operative antibiotics. Brit. J. Urol., 1984, 56, 217. —
- 10. Rivers T. A., Campbell J. T., Greene L. F.: Treatment of urethral strictures by intralesional injections of steroids, internal urethrotomy and intubation with silastic catheter. J. Urol., 1974, 111, 502.
- 11.Shapiro S. R.: Complication of hypospadias repair. J. Urol., 1984, 131,518. —
- 12. Szkodny A., Myrta J.: Wyniki leczenia zwężeń cewki moczowej za pomoc± uretrotomii wewnętrznej. Urol. Pol., 1983, 36, 71. —
- 13. Wallace B. J., Cooper T. P., Tremann J. A., Ansel J,: Results of large-caliber internal urethrotomy. Urology, 1978, 11, 3.
dr n. med. Zbigniew Wolski, 02-005 Warszawa, ul. Lindleya 4, Klinika Urologii AM.