Krzysztof Bar, Robert Klijer, Adam Szkodny
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii AM w Lublinie
Kierownik kliniki: dr hab. n. med. Krzysztof Bar
prostate, BPH, transurethral prostate resection, bleeding
- Objective. The objective of the study was to establish regularity in place of bleeding occurrence after transurethral prostate resection.
- Material and methods. 58 patients using early coagulation of postoperative bleeding after transurethral prostate resection were treated. The places of bleeding were analysed.
- Results. In 25 patients (43%) clear bleeding vessel was observed. In 9 patients (15,5%) bleeding vessel al the 5-7 o\'clock position and in 14 cases (24,1%) at the 11-1 o\'clock position were observed. In 33 patients (57%) no clear bleeding vessel was found.
- Conclusion. In mosts of cases after TURP early bleeding no regularity in bleeding vesel occurrence was observed.
- 1. Dc Campos Freire G, de Campos Pachelli L, Cordeiro P, Bor-relli M, dc Goes GM: Blood loss during and following transurethral resection. Prostate 1986; 8 (1); 87-92.
- 2. Doll HA, Black NA, McPherson K, Flood AB, Wiliams GB, Smilh JC: Mortality, morbidity and complications following transurethral resection of the prostate for benign prostatic hypetro-phy. J Urol 1992; 147; 1566-1573.
- 3. Faber JE, Hansen M, Genster HG: Use of blood in transurethral prostatectomy: Routine or selective crossmatching? Scand. J Urol Nephrol 1987; 104; 73-75.
- 4. Hahn RG, Essen P: Blood coagulation status after transurethral resection of the prostate. Scan. J Urol Nephrol 1994: 28 (4); 385-390.
- 5. IgnatolT J, O\\\'Conner JJr: Complications of transurethral resection of the prostate. Int Urol Nephrol 1977; 9; 33-37.
- 6. Kirollos MM, Campbell N: Factors influencing blood loss in transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP): auditing TUBE Br. J Urol 1997; 80 (1); 111-115.
- 7. Lent V, Ncuss A: Management of bleeding, transfusion requirement and removal of catheters in transurethral prostate resection. Eur Urol 1997; 32 (3); 257-267.
- 8. Mcbusl WK: Transurethral surgery (w) Campbell\\\'s Urolog)- 6th ed. WB Saunders Company 1992; 2900-2922.
- 9. Olapade-Olaopa EO, Solomon LZ, Carter CJ, Ahiaku EK, Chiverton SG: Haemaluria and clot retention after transurethral resection of the prostate: a pilot study. Br J Urol 1998; 82 (5); 624-627.
Krzysztof Bar Katedra i Klinika Urologii ul. Jaczewskiego 8