Local stcroidothcrapy with dilatation in the treatment of iatrogenic
mcatal urethral strictures
Article published in Urologia Polska 2001/54/1.
Robert Klijer, Tadeusz Spruch, Marek Urban
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie Kierownik Kliniki: prof, drhab. med. Tadeusz Spruch
urethral, strictures, steroidotherapy
- Objective. The aim of the study was the estimation of the usefulness of local steroidotherapy with dilatation in the treatment of iatrogenic urethral strictures.
- Matherial and method. 8 patients with meatal urethral strictures after TURP were treated with dilatation and local injections of 40 mg of Depo-Medrol every 4-6 weeks.
- Results. 7 patients (87.5%) were cured. There were no complications.
- Conclusion. Local steroidotherapy with dilatation may be useful in the treatment of postrescction meatal urethral strictures.
-  Devine C. J.. Jordan G. H., Schlossberg S. M.: Surgery ofihe penis and urethra. in. Campbell\\\'s urology. 6th ed. W. fi. Saunders Company 1992,2957-3032.
-  Heberl P. W.: The treatment of urethral stricture transurethral injection oftiiam-cinolone: A preliminary report. J. Urol. 1971, 105.403-405.
-  Ketchum 1.. D., Smith J., Robinson D. W., Masters F. W..-The treatment of hypertrophic scar, keloid and scar con-tracture by triamcinolone acetonide. Plast. Reconslr. Surg. 1966,38,209-210.
-  LentzH.C.,MebustW.K..,ForetJ. D„ Melchior.1.: Urethral strictures following transurethral prostatectomy: Review of 2223 resections. J. Urol. 1977,117,194-196.
-  Rivers T. A., Campbell J. T., Green L. F..- Treatment of urethral strictures by intralesional injections of steroids, internal urethrotomy and intubation with silastic catheter. J. Urol. 1974, 111, 502-503.
Klinika Urologii SPSK-4
ul. Jaczewskiego S. 20-950 Lublin