VALUE OF LAPAROSCOPIC AND RETROPERITONEOSCOPIC
OPERATIONS IN UROLOGY. OWN EXPERIENCES
Article published in Urologia Polska 1999/52/3.
Mieczysław Fryczkowski, Jacek Huk, Andrzej Potyka, Zbigniew Kaleta
- II Katedra i Klinika Urologii ¦AM w Zabrzu
Kierownik kliniki: prof. dr hab. n. med. M. Fryczkowski
laparoscopy retroperitoneoscopy urology
- Objective. The aim of this paper is retrospective cvaluation of the results
- and complications after videoscopic operations in patients with urological
- Materials and methods. The analyses have been performed in 255 patients
- in age range from 4 to 71 years. There were 232 transperitoneal and 23
- retroperitoneal operations among them.
- Results. The good surgical results were observed in 95.7% patients.
- Complications were noted in 17 (6.7%) and postoperative mortality in 0%.
- Conversion to the open operations was performed in 4 (1.6%) patients.
- Average time of the both types of the operations was 63 min (24-185), and
- mean hospitalization time was 3.0 days (2-16). The follow-up was performed
- in mean 16.5 months (3-33) after these operations.
- Conclusions. Videoscopie operations are less invasive, cause less serious
- complications, short hospitalization time and recovcry to active professional
- life if compared with clinical open surgeries.
-  Gluing, H. ]., Chiu, A. W., Cheu, K. K. i wsp.: Alteralions in pulmonary
- function after retroperitoneoscopic surgery. Brit. J. Urol. 1996,78,821-825.
-  Decimo, S. S. Moore, R., Adams, J.: Laparoscopic orchidopexy for the high pal-
- pable undescended testis: Preliminary experiences. J. Urol. 1995,154,1513-1515.
- [3| Doehn, Ch., Fornara, P., Fricke, L., [ocham, D.: Comparison of laparoscopic
- and open nephrouterectoinyfor bening disease. J. Urol. 1998,159,732-734.
-  Fornanra, P., Doehn, Ch., Jocham, D.: Laparoscopic nephropexy, 3 yearcxpe-
- rience. J. Urol. 1997,158,1679-1683.
-  Gour, D. D., Drashara, A. S.: Retroperitoneal laparoscopic pyelolithotomy. J.
- Urol. 1994, 151, 927-929.
-  Gill, J. S., Kavaussi, R. W., Clayman, R. I. i wsp.: Complication of laparosco-
- pic nephrectomy in 185 patients. A multiinstitutional review. J. Urol. 1993, 154,
-  Higashihara, R. ]., Baba, S., Nagagawa, K.: Learningcurveandcorwersion to
- open surgery in case of laparoscopic adrenalectomy and nephrectomy. J. Urol. 1998,
- 159, 650-653.
-  Janetschek, G., Daffner, R, Peschel, B., Bartsch, G.: Laparoscopic nephron-
- sparing surgery for smali renal cell carcinoma. J. Urol. 1998,159,1151-1155.
-  Micali S., Moore R. G., Avech T. D. i wsp.: The role of laparoscopic in the
- treatment of renal and ureteral calculi. ]. Urol. 1997,157,463-466.
-  Moore, R. G., Averch, T. D., Schulman, T. G. i w sp..Laparoscopic pyelopla-
- sty. Experience with the initial 30 cases. J. Urol. 1997,157, 459-462.
-  Stone, N. H., Unger, P.: Indication for seminal iwsicale biopsy and laparoscopic
- pehńc lymph node dissection in men with localized carcinoma of the prostatae. J. Urol.
- 1995, 154, 1392-1396.
-  Vancaillie, T. G., Schuesseler, W.: Laparaoscopic bladder neck suspension.
- J. Laparoendosc. Surg. 1991,1,169-170.