Wiesław Węglarz 1, Anna Krygowska-Wajs 2, Zygmunt Dobrowolski 1, Andrzej Szczudlik 2
- 1 Klinika Urologii CM UJ w Krakowie
Kierownik Kliniki: dr hab. med. Z. Dobrowolski
2 Klinika Neurologii CM UJ w Krakowie
Kierownik Kliniki: doc. dr hab. med. A. Szczudlik
urinary tract Parkinsona disease micturition disturbances
- Objective. Disturbances of autonomie system are not a well-known element
- of clinical picture of idiopathic Parkinson?s disease. The aim of the study was to evaluate a frequency of urodynamic disturbances in patients with idiopathic Parkinson?s disease and their relationship to the degree of the disease advance.
- Material and method. The investigation was carried on 41 patients aged
- between 37 and 84 years (mean 61.5). Neurological examination, including
- evaluation of parkinsonism according to UPDRS scale (Unified Parkinson's
- Disease Rating Scale) was conducted together with urological one, including
- uroflowmetry and cystometry. Patients with the infection of urinary tract
- and with the prostate hypertrophy were excluded from the examination.
- Results. 32 (78%) patients had urinary symptoms: frequency in 27 cases
- 165%), urgency in 9 cases (21%), urge incontinence in 1 case and dysuria in 1
- case. Disorders in urodynamic examination were found in 26 cases (63%);
- they were: detrusor hyperactivity in 21 cases (51%), prolonged, time of
- micturition in 18 cases (43%) and decrease of maximum flow rate in 19 cases
- Conclusion. No relationship between urodynamic distrubances and the
- age of patient, as well as the duration of disease, was found. Detrusor
- hyperactivity was more frequent in urodynamic examination of patients with
- extent par kinsonian motor signs (III part of UPRDS).The results of
- examination indicate frequent urodynamic distrubances oceurrence already
- in the early stadium of the disease.
-  Aminoff, M. J., Wilcox, M. J.: Assessment of autonomie function in patiens with a
- parkinsonian syndrome. Br. Med. J. 1971,4,80-84.
-  Andersen, J. T., Hebjorn, ?, Frimodt-Moller, C. W., Worm-Petersen, J.: Di-
- sturbances of micturition in Parkinson^ disease. Acta Neurol. Scand. 1976, 53,
-  Berger, Y., Blaivas, ]., Rocha, E., Salinas, J.: Urodynamic findings in Parkin-
- son's disease. ]. Urol. 1987,138, 836-838.
-  Bradley, W. E.: Neurologie disorders affecting the urinary bladder. In: Clinical
- neuro-urology. Eds. R. J. Krane, M. B. Siroky. Little, Brown, Boston 1979,248.
-  Dijk van, J. G., Haan, J., Zwindermann, K., Kremer, B., Hilten van B. J.:
- Autonomie newous system dysfunction in Parkinson's disease: relation ships with
- age, medication, duration and severity. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry 1993,56,
-  Fletcher, T. F., Bladley, W. E.: Neuroanatomy of the bladder and urethra. J.
- Urol. 1978, 119, 153.
-  Galloway, N. T. M.: Urethar sphincter abnormalities in Parkinsonism. Br. J. Urol.
- 1983, 129, 80-83.
-  Goetz, C. G., Lutge, W., Tanner, C. M.: Autonomie dysfunction in Parkin-
- son's disease. 1986, 47, 1241-1243.
-  Hartog Jager den, W. A., Bethlem, J.: The distribution of Lewy bodies in the
- central and autonomie neroous system in idiopathic paralysis agitans. J. Neurol.
- Neurosurg. Psychiatry 1960, 23, 283-90.
-  Jellinger, K.: The patology of Parkinsonism. In: Movement disorders. Eds.
- C. D. Marsden, S. Fahn. Vol. 2. Butterworths, London 1987,124-165.
-  Lang, A. E., Fahn, S.: Assessment of Parkinson's disease. In: Quantification of
- Neurologie Deficit. Ed. T. L. Munsat. Butterworth, Boston 1989,285.
-  Murnaghan, G. F.: Neurogenic disorder of the bladder in parkinsonism. Br. J. Urol.
- 1961, 33, 403-409.
-  Ohama, E., Ikuta, F.: Parkinson^ disease: distribution of Lewy bodies and mono-
- amine neuron system. Acta Neuropathol. 1976,34,311-319.
-  Parkinson, J. (1817): An Essay on the Shaking Palsy. London. Reprinted in James
- Parkinson (1755-1824). Ed. M. Critchley. London, Macmillan.
-  Pavlakis, A. J., Siroky, M. B., Goldstein, I., Krane, R. J.: Neurologie findings in
- Parkinson's disease. J. Urol., 1983,129, 80-83.
-  Piha, S. J., Rinne, U. K., Seppanen, A.: Anatomic dyfunction in recent onset and
- advanced Parkinson's disease. Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 1988, 90, 221-229.
-  Porter, R. W., Bors, E.: Neurogenic bladder in parkinsonism: effect ofthalamotomy.
- J. Neurosurg. 1971,34,27.
-  Sotolongo, J. Jr.: Voiding dysfunction in Parkinson's disease. Semin. Neurol. 1988,
- 8 (2), 166-169.