Teresa Gawlik-Jakubczak, Kazimierz Krajka, Marcin Markuszewski
- Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Kierownik kliniki: prof. dr hab. Kazimierz Krajka
kidney, neoplasm, liposarcoma
- We described the case of giant liposarcoma of right kidney. Patient, 51 years old man was admitted to Urological department 29.10.2003 with big pathological mass palpable in abdomen. CT examination showed tumor of right kidney ? size 266 x 144 x 132 mm extending to iliac ala, which compress hepar, translocate inferior caval vein. No metastatic lesions was find. On 04.11.2003 was performed right nephrectomy with partial excision of infiltrated diaphragm and pleura. No complications occured. First histopathological examination showed leyomyosarcoma G3 but final result was liposarcoma with dedifferentiation G3 and trace of myo-differentiation. One month after surgery was performed CT examinatin Then was find a few, small leasions in hepar suspected as meta or rather hemangiomas and infiltration of right limb of diaphragm and iliopsoas muscle. Patient received chemotherapy without results. Following CT 18.02.2004 showed enlargement of hepar with multiple, big metastatic leasions and giant tumor extending to urinary bladder, dislocated pancreas, infiltrated inferior caval vein and mesentery vessels. Dynamics of neoplasm was big and patient died 4 months after surgery.
- Belldegrun A, de Kernion J: Malignant Renal Tumors: in Walsh P. C, Retik A. B, Vaughan D, Wein A. J (red): Campbell?s Urology, Philadelphia 7 th edition 1998, VB Faunders, pp 2283-2320.
- Trypens P: Inne nowotwory złośliwe nerek: mięsaki, chłoniaki, guzy przerzutowe: w Borkowski A, Czaplicki M (red): Nowotwory i torbiele nerek, Warszawa 2002, Wydawnictwo lekarskie PZWL, rozdz. 12, str. 110-111.
- Russo P, Brady M, Conlon K et al: Adult urological sarcoma. J Urol 1992; 147, 1032-1037.
- Heslin M, Lewis J, Nadler E et al: Prognostic factors associated with long-term survival for retroperitoneal sarcoma: Implications for management. J Clin Oncol 1997; 8; 2832-2839.
- Jaques D, Coit D, Hajdus S, Brennan M: Management of primary and recurrent soft tissue sarcoma of the retroperitoneum. Ann Surg 1990; 212; 51-59.
- Alvarenga J, Ball A, Fisher C et al: Limitations of surgery in the treatment of retroperitoneal sarcoma. Br J Surg 1991; 78; 912-916.
- Coindre J-M, Terrier P, Bih Bui N et al: Prognostic factors in adult patients with locally controlled soft tissue sarcoma: a study of 546 patients from the French Federation of Cancer Centers Sarcoma Group. J Clin Oncol 1996; 3, 869-877.
- Mayes D, Fechner D, Gillenwater J: Renal Liposarcoma. Am J Surg Pathol 1990; 14 (3); 268-273.
Klinika Urologii AM
ul. Kliniczna 1 a
tel. (058) 349 38 23