Treatment of female stress urinary incontinence with the own modification using ?self made? tension free tape
Article published in Urologia Polska 2005/58/2.
Marcin Matuszewski, Kazimierz Krajka
- Katedra i Klinika Urologii Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Kierownik kliniki: prof. dr hab. Kazimierz Krajka
stress urinary incontinence (SUI), tension-free vaginal tape
- introduction and objectives
- Currently the most popular method of treatment of stress urinary incontinence is tension-free sling operation. The modification of this procedure was presented. The advantage of using the tape made from the sheets of polypropylene mesh was underlined as well as the method of fixation it by the sutures driven over rectus muscles.
- material and method
- The technical details of the procedure and the complications were presented based on the observation of 81 patients operated from 2000 to 2004 with mean follow-up time being 29 months.
- Very good result in continence was achieved in 91.5% of patients and in overall voiding symptoms reached 85.5%. The complication rate was the same as in other similar operations.
- The results are not different from presented by other authors. The main advantage of the method is a very low cost and potential reversible way of fastening the tape.
- Thomas TM, Plymat KR, Blannin J. Meade TW: The prevalence of urinary stress incontince. BMJ 1980; 281: 1243-1245.
- DeLancey JOL: Structural support of the urethra as it relates to stress urinary incontinence; the hammock hypothesis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1994; 170; 1713-1723.
- lmsten U, Petros P: Intravaginal slingplasty (IVS): an ambulatory surgical procedure for treatment of female urinary incontinence. Scand J Urol Nephrol 1995; 29; 75-82.
- Rafii A, Paoletti X, Haab F, Levardon M, Deval B: Tension-Free Vaginal Tape and Associated Procedures: A Case Control Study. Eur Urol 2004; 45; 356-361.
- Gateau T, Faramarzi-Roques R, Le Normand L et al: Clinical and Urodynamic Repercussions after TVT procedure and how to diminish patient complaints. Eur Urol 2003; 44; 372-376.
- Ulmsten U, Johnson P, Rezapour M: A three year follow-up of tension free vaginal tape for surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence. Int Gynecol J 1999; 106; 345-350.
- Adamiak A, Milart P, Skorupski P et al: The efficacy and safety of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure do not depend on the method of analgesia. Eur Urol 2002; 42; 29-33.
- Rechberger T, Skorupski P, Adamiak A et al: Doświadczenia własne w stosowaniu operacji TVT jako metody leczenia wysiłkowego nietrzymania moczu u kobiet. Urol Pol 2002; 55; 40-44.
- Klutke JJ, Carlin BI, Klutke CG: The tension free vaginal tape procedure: correction of stress urinary incontinence with minimal alteration in proximal urethral mobility. Urology 2000; 55; 512-514.
Klinika Urologii AMG
ul. Kliniczna 1
tel. (058) 349 38 23