HAEMATOMA OF THE SHEATS OF THE TESTIS
AS THE FIRST SYMPTOM OF LEYDIG CELL TUMOR
Article published in Urologia Polska 1998/51/1.
Piotr Humański, Andrzej Mendu¶
- Oddział Urologii Szpitala Miejskiego w Kutnie
Ordynator: dr n. med. J. Bortkiewicz
testis neoplasma Leydig cell tumor
- The paper presents a case of 37-years old man who has been treated because of
- haematoma of the sheats of the left testis. During the operation a slight solid change
- on the surface of this testis has been found out. Histopathological investigation
- confirmed the existance of tissue structure which is typical for Leydig cell tumour.
- The testis has been removed. After physical and hormone investigation no
- deviation has been observed. During one-year observation the cancer process has
- not been restarted.
-  Ahsan, Z., Maloney, D. }., English, P. J.: Metastasis to skin from Leydig cell
- tumour. Br. J. Urol. 1993, 72,510-511.
-  Bertram, K. A., Bratloff, B., Hodges, G. F., Davidson, H.: Treatment of mali-
- gnant Leydig cell tumour. Cancer 1991, 68, 2324-2329.
-  Kettani, S., Fondimare, A., Guyetant, S., Faye, R., Bertrand, G.: Malignant
- Leydig cell tumour. Arch. Anat. Cytol. Pathol. 1994,42, 317-320.
-  Lemack, G. E., Poppas, D. P., Vaughan, E. D. Jr.: Urologic causes ofgynecoma-
- sihia: approach to diagnosis and managenent. Urology 1995, 45, 313-319.
-  Zieliński, J., Leńko, I.: Urologia. PZWL, Warszawa 1993, II, 48.