Grzegorz Gomoliński 1, Piotr Szynaka 1, Anna Barbara Kluz-Kowal 2
- 1 Oddział Chirurgii i Urologii Dziecięcej, SPZOZ Wojewódzki Szpital Zespolony im. J. Śniadeckiego w Białymstoku
Ordynator oddziału: dr n. med. Piotr Szynaka
2 Poradnia Ginekologii Dziecięcej, Dziecięcy Szpital Kliniczny im. L. Zamenhoffa w Białymstoku
Kierownik poradni: dr n. med. Anna Barbara Kluz-Kowal
urinary bladder, chronic inflammation, proliferation of mucosa
- Chronic proliferative cystitis is a relatively frequent disorder in women in the post puberty period. Its symptoms and cause are well known. There are no publications about such lesions in girls in puberty.
- the aim of the study
- Presentation of the material concerning chronic proliferative cystitis in girls in puberty.
- material and methods
- The cases of 13 patients, with the mean age 15.7 years, were analyzed. The causes of introducent treatment were dysuric complains and erythrocyturia. Six patients were hospitalized due to dysuria in the history while 3 ? to erythrocyturia. The urine culture was positive in 5 patients, ?aseptic? leukocyturia ? in 2 patients, and chronic inflammation of vestibulae of the vagina ? in 6 girls. The cystoscopy with histopathological examination revealed ?cystitis chronica? in 4 patients and other proliferative lesions, of dysplastic and metaplastic characters in the region of bladder triangle were observed in 9 girls. These lesions were superficially coagulated. There were no changes within the mucosa of the urethra. Due to a local recurrence in 5 patients, the procedure was repeated, and 1 patient had the coagulation performed 3 times, which resulted in improvement. Seven patients (2 ? with ?aseptic? leukocyturia and 5 ? with changes in the vaginal vestibulae) were diagnosed for the presence of Chlamydia and mycoplasmatic infections, however, obtaining only 1 positive result for Ureaplasma urealyticum. The gynecological treatment improved the condition of the genital tract but it did not affect the urinary changes.
- Prolonged pharmacological therapy of chronic proliferative cystitis in our material was useless. Complete recovery was obtained by superficial coagulation of the mucosa of the bladder triangle.
- The superficial coagulation can be effective and durable method of treatment of the changes of dysplastic and metaplastic characters in the region of the bladder triangle.
- Gajda A, Pypno W, Dobosz R, Faryna J: Proliferacyjne zapalenie pęcherza ze szczególnym uwzględnieniem cystitis cystica. Przeg Urol 2003, 5, 36-37.
- Long ED, Shepherd RT: The incidence and significance of vaginal metaplasia of bladder trigone in adult women. Br J Urol 1983, 55, 189-194.
- Young RH: Papillary and polypoid cystitis. A report of eight cases. Am J Surg Path 1988, 12, 542-546.
- Hryniewicz W, Grzesiowski P: Zakażenia układu moczowego. Przeg Urol 2000, 1, 44-52.
- Hryniewicz W, Sulikowska A: Pozaszpitalne zakażenia układu moczowego. Przeg Urol 2001, 3: 26-31.
- Mészáros J, Rokosz A: Chemioterapia zakażeń układu moczowego. Przeg Urol 2001, 2, 18-20.
- Potts JM, Ward AM, Rackley RR: Association of chronic urinary symptoms in women and Ureaplasma urealyticum. Urology 2000, 55 (4), 486-489.
- Zieniuk K, Stawarz B, Zieniuk S: Ocena Mycoplasma hominis i Ureaplasma urealyticum w diagnostyce zakażeń układu moczowo-płciowego. Przeg Urol 2002, 4, 62-65.
- Neimark BA: Treatment of persistens dysuria in women. Urologia 2003, (3), 16-20.
- Nepomnyashchikh LM, Aidagulova SV, Ivaninskii OI i in: Biosynthetic reactions and ultrastructure of urothelial cells in chronic cystitis and cystopathies. Bull Exp Biol Med 2002, 134 (3), 301-306.
- Bartel H: Układ moczowo-płciowy; w: Bartel H (ed.): Embriologia, Warszawa, PZWL, 1995, str. 261-298.
Oddział Chirurgii i Urologii Dziecięcej
ul. Wołodyjowskiego 2/1
tel. (085) 74 88 259, fax 74 88 252